[mythtv-users] Jerky panning all cards and resolutions. Thoughts on where to look?

Patrick Nichols lists at panic.id.au
Sat May 19 12:58:28 UTC 2007

On 19/05/2007 10:26 PM, John wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>
>> It is probably your V-Sync method. Try OpenGL V-Sync and make sure you
>> disable "Sync To VBlank" in nvidia-settings for both
>> the "Video Texture Adaptor" and the "Video Blitter Adaptor"
>> under "X Server XVideo Settings". If that doesn't work try the
>> other V-Sync methods, but make sure the "Sync To VBlank"
>> settings are enabled.
>>
> Do you mean disable or enable
>
> "Sync To VBlank"
>
> or do you only disable when you dont use OpenGL ??

I'm keen to know the answer of this too, one one of my frontends I've
got this problem, I've tried playing with the sync settings in
nvidia-settings, and seemed to have solved this problem with the
"flipping" setting in nvidia-settings.  I'm not able to access that
frontend at the moment as my wife is catching up on "heros" so I can't
confirm that actual name of the setting.

Please let us know.

Regards,
--

Patrick Nichols