[mythtv-users] Searching for music directories gets into an infinite loop

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Sat May 19 02:02:34 UTC 2007

I just setup autofs on my Myth box to mount a directory from my server
where all my music is stored.
Somehow, I got mythfrontend to get into this state where it searches
for music directories on the filesystem and the search algorithm gets
into an infinite loop.

Before I explain the bug, here is some info:
mythtv-suite-0.21-159_trunk_r13460.fc6
mythbackend version: 0.20.20070327-1 www.mythtv.org
mythfrontend version: 0.20.20070327-1 www.mythtv.org

Here is what happened:
The frontend started its search through the filesystem and at some
point got to the /proc directory. It started going through the PID
subdirectories and since each process subdirectory contains a symbolic
link to the /, mythfrontend got itself into an infinite loop going
through /proc/<PID>/root/proc/<PID>/root/proc/<PID>... You get my
drift, right?

Now, I have 34394 entries in my music_directories mysql table none of
which seem to point to any dictories that actually have music files in
them.

While I am sending this email to let the developers know of this, I
also wanted to ask whether I can safely delete all entries from that
table?

Thank you!
--
Mitko Haralanov