[mythtv-users] MythStream? MythStreamTV?

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:38:23 UTC 2007

On 5/18/07, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I want to be able to watch videos from my Dad's setup 300 miles
> away for the sake of monitoring if the system is working correctly.
> Would MythStream or MythStreamTV be the right things for me to look
> into installing?
AFAIK, mythstream definitely is not the one: mythstream is used to
"integrate" mythvideo and mythmusic in order to view/listen "internet
contents" (inet radio, video feed, ...).
mythstreamtv indeed is used to stream (via vlc, afaik) recordings with
a real-time encoding; perhaps it could also be used to stream livetv
(a recording, in fact).
Then I think that the tool you are looking for is mythstreamtv, but
I'm not sure that is the best way to "monitoring if the system is
working correctly".

bye