[mythtv-users] Recompiling existing kernel to change the "HZ" setting? Ubuntu Edgy.

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Fri May 18 02:15:04 UTC 2007

I am trying to change the HZ value on my existing kernel to allow for
smooth video panning. AFAIK the kernel is stock, ie. downloaded directly
from the repo. Can I simply install the kernel source and some other as
of yet unidentified packages to allow me to do a menuconfig and compile
on top of the existing kernel? I am trying to avoid recompiling all the
other modules I had to manually compile when setting up the system. Or
is it a forgone conclusion that I will have to recompile all that junk
again with the changed kernel even though the version has not changed? A
guide would be helpful....

TIA,
Bill