[mythtv-users] nuvexport and ffmpeg

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu May 17 16:23:01 UTC 2007

Matt wrote:
> yea, I'm beginning to think that this widespread.  Either way, I think
> I'm trying to maybe start using h.264, but the one video I created
> doesn't playback any sound in myth (but does in quicktime on another
> machine).  Either way, I'm sure this is simply related to the fact
> that I don't have mp4 completely configured right for myth somehow?

mp4 and h.264 support in the ffmpeg libraries used by mythtv has been
spotty over the last several months.  It works ok for me now in svn
trunk, but still has some weird display glitches (green bleeding from
the edges).

> Wish xvid would work though.

I'm happy to implement fixes if people can tell me what's wrong.  I
honestly don't know all that much about ffmpeg/etc, and since their
documentation sucks (or is sometimes outdated), it's hard for me to
debug problems I don't experience myself.

-Chris