[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: Any unencrypted QAM on Comcast in south King County, WA?

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Wed May 16 23:35:07 UTC 2007

> I live in Auburn, down in the Green River valley.  I also live in an
> apartment, which means no outdoor antennas.  antennaweb.org says I
> need an antenna in the "violet" category to receive anything, which
> would mean a large multi-element outdoor antenna.

This is not true.  I too live in an apartment and I have an antenna on
my patio.  According to the FCC rules, you can have your own antenna as
long as it isn't in a common area and it must be no larger than a
certain size.  The aparmtment management folks wanted me to take mine
down after I had it up for several months.  I printed the FCC regulation
 and dropped it off at the office.  They have not said a thing since and
it has been over 2 years.  Sorry I don't have a link to it handy.

Regards,

Cecil