[mythtv-users] TiVo Convert Experience - HDTV Video Card Recommendation

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 22:05:29 UTC 2007

I don't know that anyone ever responded to this for you Jim:

A 3200+ is just fine.  I'm running only HD OTA stuff (no cable, no sat.) but
there's no issue with a 3000+ AMD chip.  I have pretty much the same board
you do (ASUS A8V-N or something like that...it's the PCI-E version) and i'm
running an NVidia 6200 (PCI-E not AGP since I couldn't find a board with AGP
on it for a price I liked).

My prior machine before this upgrade was a Pentium IV 2800 HT processor, I
was getting sound sync problems on ABC (sound up to 4 - 5 seconds off in
recordings and live TV...didn't happen when played through Xine)...however
after the upgrade to the 3000+ everything runs smooth as silk...now If I
could just get my damn keyboard to work correctly before the wife gets home
from Colorado, i'll be a very happy man with a very happy wife...I just
found the auto-commercial skip feature in the setup last night...boy will
she be surprised. :)

--Doug