[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 17:31:53 UTC 2007

Jarod Wilson wrote:

> For giggles, here's my xorg.conf for my mini,
> pushing 1920x1080p to my HDTV via DVI
> with the 2.0.0 intel driver under xorg 7.2.

Jarod,

Do you notice any video tearing on HD material?  I've
built the Intel 2.0 drivers under FC6 and F7 and the
tearing is my only complaint on my G965 mobo.
(Well--full XvMC support for the X3000 decoder would
be nice too!)

Mythfrontend reports that DRM sync is being used and
I've noticed that the refresh is in sync, but just in
the wrong place.  (The tear is usually in the same
place on the screen.)  Others on the list here have
reported similar results.

I suspect that Myth or DRM sync isn't working
correctly.  An Intel driver dev said they are planning
to provide sync in the driver, someday.

And yeah--I always wondered why we had to put all that
crap in an xorg.conf file. ;)

Thanks,

Cal