[mythtv-users] MythNetTV beta 4

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:38:01 UTC 2007

> Yes, that's right. You can now download only shows with a specific
> title, and you can also download any protocol which mplayer supports --
> specifically, RTSP and MMS are now supported.

> Now, if only there was a non-sucky way to work out what streams
> abc.net.au were offering at any given time...

Michael - sorry I've been sooo slow giving this a whirl. I just tried
it tonight on the sucky abc.net.au content and it works! The problem
we had before was that it didn't like MMS or RTSP.  I did a manual run
like this:

$ ./mythnettv --todoremote
...entered in the required info at the prompts ...
$ ./mythnettv --download 1

If the URL I entered was RTSP then the recording appeared in the Watch
Recordings screen - fantastic! (Sadly trying to play a real media file
as a recording caused my machine to freeze but that's another story!)

However, if I enter a MMS URL it doesn't download it into the data
dir. It says it's downloading but it just sits there adn nothing
appears in the data dir. When RTSP worked I thought MMS was going to
as well, but it doesn't seem to.

I hope you don't mind me giving some minor feedback while I'm here:
- typo with "Flagging commericals" - line 753
- I think it would be good to have the option of not flagging
commercials. The content I use doesn't have any so trying to flag them
takes unnecessary CPU cycles and time.
- the README still has a reference to MythIPTV on line 78, as does the
script itself on line 1019 where it prints out usage options.
- I think a config file would be good, eg to control what recording
group they go into, priority (if you wanted them to expire quicker for
example).

Thanks again.
Regards,
Phill