[mythtv-users] Serial irblaster - how do I get lirc working

David Knudsen dk at dansken.dyndns.org
Wed May 16 09:29:54 UTC 2007

Thank you for your reply.

It seems www.wilsonet.com/mythtv only deals with receiving
infrared signals, not sending them.  I've googled around and
managed to:

1) prevent the kernel from grabbing the serial port (setserial)
2) load the lirc_serial module

I'm unsure how to do the next bit:

3) set up another instance of lircd on Debian?

One instance is started at boot from /etc/init.d/lirc (provided
by distribution package). Does anybody know of a way to
configure that script for multiple instances?

If not I'll probably just do it manually - reboots are rare.

What options do you use when running the second instance?
 Do you have a separate lircd.conf for the second instance?

Thank you for your help!
-david knudsen