[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Media Center team dumping MythTV for Elisa (yuck!)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 16 04:32:27 UTC 2007

On 05/15/2007 09:00 PM, Justin Hornsby wrote:
> So a new player comes along & 'wows' (if you can even call it that in
> the case of Elisa) people with its effects driven UI... so what?
>
> What does that mean for mythTV?  A few users find it suits their needs
> & they use that rather than MythTV.  No great loss.
>
> I'm sorry but there's nothing to see here.  So we 'lose' a few fickle
> users.  Big wow.
>
> Other than the obvious (and rather tacky IMHO) UI effects, MythTV is
> still miles ahead of many a PVR application - even ones folks pay good
> money for.

Yeah, but they say Elisa will have some amazing features--like the
long-sought-after "trick mode support" offering features such as fast
forward, slow motion, and reverse playback.  And, they'll have TV
viewing and PVR capabilities, including features such as time-shifting.
( http://elisa.fluendo.com/features/ )

Sounds to me like Myth's days over.

(I agree with you fully, Justin.)

Mike