[mythtv-users] [OT] Gpac/MP4Box compile

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue May 15 17:43:40 UTC 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 10:37 AM, Chris Funk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to try and get either the myth2ipod or mythshelljob script
> working.  I am trying to get gpac compiled on an AMD64 system with
> no success.  The compile gives many warnings, then dies.  The make
> lib works, however make apps always fails.  I've tried searching
> the gpac forums, but they don't appear terribly active.  I then
> found some gpac rpm's. installed them, but when I run the
> mythshelljob script it dies when mp4box is called with an error
> about wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64  I did install the x86_64 rpm.
>
> I'm not a programmer, so trying to figure out the error messages on
> the compile proves futile for me.
>
> I realize this is way off topic for myth and don't expect much help
> on the compile problems.  Just wondering if anyone else has gotten
> the MP4Box working on an AMD64 system.

I think I ran into this when I was setting it up. You probably need
to install 32-bit compat libraries like ia32-libs, libc-i386 and libc-
dev-i386. As a note I never did get MP4Box to work correctly so I
modified myth2ipod.pl to ignore that step and it didn't seem to mind.
I can play videos just fine on my iPod without it.

-Brad