[mythtv-users] General newb questions

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon May 14 21:32:00 UTC 2007

Jake Vickers wrote:
> I see the files under the "previously recorded" menu. Guess I was
> looking in the wrong spot. Shouldn't they also show under the "Manage
> Recordings" menu?
Firstly, if you have a recording that shows up on frontend #1 and not
frontend #2, then you probably have a filter set on frontend #2 and you
should go to the same menu I pointed you to before and set your filter
to show all recordings.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F

Also, Previously Recorded shows everything you have recorded in the
past, not what recordings are currently stored on the system.  Manage
Recordings shows you what is currently stored and available to watch.

Kevin