[mythtv-users] Problem with thumbnails in Watch Recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 14 20:59:50 UTC 2007

On 05/14/2007 04:52 PM, Michael Rice wrote:
> The recent thread on thumbnails reminds me of an issue I've always had
> with them since I started in 0.19.
>
> When browsing through recordings in the Watch Recordings screen the
> first time I move to a recording the thumbnail in just black.  I
> assume that means it doesn't exist yet so at that point it is
> generated.  If I then move off that recording, go to another, then
> come back I then see the thumbnail.  This is rather annoying.  Am I
> missing a setting somewhere that would make this work a little better?
>
> I imagine the correct behavior would be to "refresh" the page after
> the preview image was available but that doesn't seem to happen.

It does in SVN trunk (and will in 0.21).  I have no idea about
0.20-fixes, but I'm pretty sure it does.

> Another possibility would be to generate the image at some other time
> automatically (before it is needed).

This is done in SVN trunk (and will be in 0.21).  It might be done in
0.20-fixes (but I don't remember).  If not, you can just make a cron job
to request the MythWeb "Recorded Programs" page at an appropriate time
each day.

Mike