[mythtv-users] Nvidia 6150 onboard video

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Mon May 14 19:53:28 UTC 2007

I can't get on with any of the deinterlacing methods. Linear & kernel just
don't produce a good enough frame rate, tickers are jerky and watching
snooker balls rolling instantly shows this. Bob on the otherhand makes
everything flicker/jump. I have a perfect refresh rate, 50Hz, and watching a
normal scene is perfect, but as soon as any horizontal bars (e.g. from a
screen overlay from the broadcaster) appears, you can really badly tell the
flickering of the last line (e.g. the line swapping between video and box).
I don't know how anyone can watch BOB deinterlaced video, framerate's good
but the flickering makes watching any news channel impossible.

Is this wrong, should BOB look like standard TV? This is also why I want an
interlaced modeline, to get around this problem. Have any ideas?

Thanks, James