[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Mon May 14 12:26:38 UTC 2007

Florin Andrei wrote:
> Anybody using Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick with MythTV?
>
> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Analog_Digital+PVR/PCTV+HD+Pro+Stick.htm
>
> The product looks great on paper. Analog TV, HDTV, record direct to
> MPEG1/2/4 and DivX, capture from external analog sources, it's a USB
> device, etc. And it's not too expensive.

This looked really cool until I did a little research and found this on
the Hauppauge web site:
"/Record analog TV shows to your PC's hard disk using our SoftPVR™
MPEG-2 encoder./"

As the Hauppauge device uses the same chip, you're going to be no joy on
getting analog TV. It appears to be an analog capture card and a ATSC
passthrough. The poster at the link below said he could not get analog
capture to work under Linux
http://lunapark6.com/usb-hdtv-tuner-stick-for-windows-linux-hauppauge-wintv-hvr-950.html