[mythtv-users] remote control

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon May 14 10:46:17 UTC 2007

> well, it came with my hauppauge WinTV PVR-USB2.  what other info would be
> pertinent?

These links may help:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Lirc_on_Ubuntu_Dapper
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/LIRC_on_Ubuntu_Edgy_Eft

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/remotes.php
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/printer-friendly.php?SID&expandables=closed&ivtv=closed&pvr350out=closed#lirc
(Note the last 2 are aimed at Fedora Core so there will probably be
differences as I gather from something you let slip that you're on
Ubuntu).

I don't know how comprehensive the docco is on getting MythTV up and
running on Ubuntu, but if you're new to all this I can highly
recommend Jarod Wilson's approach which is brilliantly documented and
uses Fedora Core. Many of us have gone down this path - if you follow
his guide it will get you there.

Regards,
Phill