[mythtv-users] Adding a Nova-T 500 to existing mythtv box with pvr350 (Resent)

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Mon May 14 09:42:27 UTC 2007

David Watkins wrote:
> I think so, but I wouldn't be 100% sure that the PVR350 framebuffer
> will play DVB captures.  They're both mpeg-2 so you should be alright,
> but I remember that I had trouble playing DVD's (which are also
> mpeg-2) through my 350.

Hmm, if that's going to happen, I guess I need a stronger CPU to do
conversions :(

> Are you in the UK?  If you are, and you aren't able to confirm that
> your PVR will play freeview captures then I can probably send you a
> very short clip, just to test.

No, initially I thought I'll move there, but I'll start my new job in
Germany soon, so, no I am not in the UK nor will I be there long enough
in the near future :)

> Another interesting point, for those of us with low-spec hardware
> using DVB, is that there are changes currently in the development
> version of mythtv that will enable multiple channels to be recorded
> with a single tuner, provided they are on the same multiplex.  That
> means that, even with only two DVB tuners it would be possible to
> schedule about 12 simultaneous recordings.  I doubt that your
> hardware, or mine, would cope with that.

Definitely not mine ;) especially that there are only 4 channels mplexed
into a singe stream here in Germany ;)

Thanks for the help

Carsten