[mythtv-users] Adding a Nova-T 500 to existing mythtv box with pvr350 (Resent)

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Mon May 14 09:04:12 UTC 2007

Henrik Beckman wrote:

> The Nova-t 500 has disconnect problems, which are fatal with older
> drivers and requier a mythtv-backend restart with the new hotplug
> driver. When compiling the drivers from www.linuxtv.org
> <http://www.linuxtv.org> deselect everything except dib0700 otherwise
> your ivtv driver will probably break.
> Also the card has a LNA that can be activated by loading the module with
> /etc/modprobe.d/dvb-usb-dib0700 containing
>   options dvb-usb-dib0700 force_lna_activation=1

> My nova-t is running nicely and I´m happy with it

Thanks for the answer, I guess lns stands for low noise amplification?
At least that would make sense.

I've just found this on linuxtv.org (about the Nova T500):

PCI 2.2 card using 3.3V. Failed to run on PCI 2.1 system.

I'm just browsing the manual of my good old Asus A7V what PCI version it
features, but I fear that might be much too old for 2.2...

Surprise surprise, according to the manual it supports PCI 2.2.

Cool.

OK, So far that card looks to be the most promising card with twin DVB-T
support, and I guess I'll go fir it, unless someone knows a much better
card for me :)

Thanks again

Carsten