[mythtv-users] Noob needs assist -- can't get all channels, for starters

Barkhat barkhat at gmail.com
Sun May 13 17:17:09 UTC 2007

Hi

I'm new to MythTV, new to Linux (Ubuntu).  I replaced my WinXP Media Center
Edition with Ubuntu (which I love, by-the-way).  Anyway...I am so new to
this language and am doing my best to weed my way through everything.

It seems I installed the mythtv ok--I get service but...I don't get all my
channels. I have a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-USB2 card.  I followed the
instructions on the Ubuntu MythTv site for frontend-backend
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Feisty_Backend_Frontend_Desktop_O?highlight=%28mythtv%29
That seemed to go fine as the instructions are very helpful and clear. Maybe
I missed something, however, since not all channels are coming in.

I get a few and the others are all static and snow.  When I try and call up
all the channels it only brings up about 13, or so.

One thing I don't like is that it takes up the whole screen.  When using
WinXP I could either choose Media Center (which also took up whole screen
and I used this when I wanted to just watch TV) and also I could use the
software that came with Hauppauge card which I could put in a small box and
watch as I worked on my computer stuff. I can't figure out how I can have
the same or similar thing now.

Can anyone help?

--
Be Love,