[mythtv-users] Right capture card to purchase

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Sun May 13 07:47:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a PVR 150 and its ok, not 100% the quality of my DVB-T SD card but
good enough (took me an hour or to to get used to it). The PVR-150 Low
profile might actualy be a 250 card, Iīm very insure of this but go look on
the IVTV mailing list if itīs important.

On my HTPC I had to set pci-latency to a higher value in bios and then lower
the pvr-150 (mce edition) to avoid DMA errors while using multiple tuners. I
think this DMA issue is gone in the latest 10 drivers and also is a none
issue with the pvr 500 card.

Also note that using both DVB-T and and the pvr-150 might need a bit of work
since the  DVB-T drivers  seems to include a broken ivtv driver,  this is
only an issue if your dvb card isnīt supported directly in your kernel.

If you have a new dvb-t card that not is in yoyr kernel simply do the
following when installing the linuxtv drivers.
make menuconfig, unselect video4linux, unselect everything except your dvb-t
card, make, make install.

/Henrik