David david.fockens at gmail.com
Sat May 12 01:50:03 UTC 2007

> Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 22:13:37 -0400
> From: William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Dealing with frequent crashes
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> David wrote:
>> MythTV has been crashing on me pretty frequently. How do I diagnose
>> the cause of the crash? The computer will completely freeze up. None
>> of the usual steps (ctrl + alt + backspace or ctrl + alt + f1) work.
>> I have to actually pull the power on the computer, which is probably
>> not such a great idea.
>>

> If it was me, the first thing I would do is let memtest86 run for a
> few
> hours to see if your computer is stable. If it passes that test, post
> more details on your system, OS, mythtv version, etc.... Then we might
> be able to help.

I'm beginning to to think this has to do with the database. The
following keeps showing up in the logs: "Table './mythconverg/
recordedseek' is marked as crashed and should be repaired" and
repeats hundreds of times. Also, the scheduling information stopped
coming in Sunday. The frequency of the crashes might correspond with
when mythfilldatabse is run.

I'm using Ubuntu Feisty, MythTV .20.