[mythtv-users] mythbackend exits with "HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder 1"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 11 17:16:42 UTC 2007

On 05/11/2007 12:16 PM, Mitko Haralanov wrote:
> This is getting to a pretty annoying problem for me!!
>
> I have done and re-done the "Delete all devices" thing, I am up to date
> with respect to all packages from FC6 and ATRPMS and, yet, last night
> the backend "exited" 4 times with this error.

So, it's not exiting on startup--i.e. it runs for a while and then
crashes?  If so, it's probably an issue with your
kernel/drivers/hardware/OS/installation.

If it runs for a while and you can go to the MythWeb "Status" page (or
directly to the backend's status page--i.e. "http:<hostname>:6544/") and
doing so doesn't cause the backend to crash, it's not a MythTV
configuration issue (so see the previous paragraph).  If MythTV just
doesn't start, it's a config issue.

Mike