[mythtv-users] Scan for channels not working with 2.6.20 kernel

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri May 11 15:38:31 UTC 2007

On Friday 11 May 2007 00:13:45 Mitko Haralanov wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2007 00:14:14 -0400
>
> "Todd Ignasiak" <ignasiak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I ran into my share of dbus & hald problems, but Myth worked fine.
> > Channel scan, recording and playback are okay..
>
> I just took a look at the mythtv-setup log and now I know that I am
> getting hit by this problem because I get the following error message:
>
> 2007-05-10 22:38:47.093 DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor(-1,Warning,
> can not measure Signal Strength): Remote I/O error
> 2007-05-10 22:38:47.221 DVBSignalMonitor(0)::constructor(-1,Warning,
> can not measure S/N): Remote I/O error
>
> But according to the thread, this bug has been fixed and the patch was
> pushed to the source tree about a month ago.

There's yet another problem. Seems there's an API change in the dvb headers
that causes what you're seeing. Rebuilding against older dvb headers results
in working channel scanning. I've pinged Axel about it, but no solution has
been put together just yet.

I believe the main thing that needs doing is some additional backporting from
trunk to properly work with newer dvb headers, but I've not had time to get
around to it. I've got a working i386 build (built against 20061107 dvd
headers), but no x86_64 one at the moment (haven't got an x86_64 box still
running FC6 handy).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com