[mythtv-users] Spam ???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri May 11 12:35:14 UTC 2007

David Watkins wrote:
> On 11/05/07, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> I'm not quite sure where to post this, so I'll try this here:
>>
>> A lot of us run systems, for various reasons, for various purposes, for
>> a lot of companies, for many things.
>>
>> Has anybody but me noticed a HUGE reduction in the amount of spam lately??
>>
>> I think a lot of things are going on, none of which mean much in the US,
>> but mean a lot in the rest of the world.
>>
>> MayDay, Cinco-de-Mayo, the fact that a lot of Europe takes the entire
>> month of May off, planting season, getting gardens in, etc...
>

> Yes I have.  Ironically though I just got three items yesterday, the
> first for about three weeks.  I had actually though that I might have
> misconfigured spamassassin to silently delete, instead of move to a
> junk folder.  Before that I was getting 5 or 6 items a day.  I'm not
> sure if my ISP is doing any filtering of its own though.

OK, just making sure my gear is not totally broken.

I have a pretty much direct connection, run my own mail server, F/W etc.
any filtering I do myself.

As I've said, I don't trust anyone but me, and I worry about him a lot.

Just interesting, something is going on, and I'm not really sure what,
yet...

I've also noticed a lot of pgp keys flying around lately.