[mythtv-users] upnp pictures of screens

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Fri May 11 09:19:15 UTC 2007

Craig G. wrote:
> Will try to get something written up for the wiki.  Didn't realize there was
> a section for the DSM-520.
>>From the information I have gathered I know its running a Sigma Em8620
> processor and other information on the web indicates it was manufactured by
> RedSonic.   Which doesn't seem to exist anymore.  www.redsonic.com (as a
> domain) expires on the 18th of May.   And the registered authoritative dns
> servers for the domain don't carry any records.   Its possible that D-Link
> might be working with syabus to come up with some modern firmware for the
> units, as syabus does have uclinux installations that work with the same
> sigma processor.   But figure it more likely that they will kill the DSM-520
> product line and come out with something new.
> I would bet money that since syabas lists D-link as a partner that the
> DSM-750 that is soon to be released is made by them.

Found some pictures of your player at tomshardware.hu (why I can't find
it in english I don't know).  From the looks of it you are right about
the Sigma Design chip (at least 1 generation old).  Also, you might be
interested in the uPCI wireless card as Sigma Design based boards appear
to all use such a card (which is optional in some boxes).  Also, there
appears to be an IDE target on the board.  This is probably functional
if you want to add internal storage.