[mythtv-users] Can't get lirc working with SVN

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Fri May 11 00:52:05 UTC 2007

I've compiled the latest svn on Ubuntu 6.10 and even though lirc
support was enabled during the build, I still can not seem to get it
to work on this frontend machine.

I've verified that lirc is working with irw.  I can press buttons and
see the codes.  I can also hit the button I have mapped to an irexec
event, and it works just fine.  But when mythfrontend is running, I
can hit any number of keys and nothing happens.  Since the irexec even
works, this tells me that the .lircrc file is being parsed correctly.

I'm using the same .lircrc and lircd.conf files that I'm using on
other frontends with streamzap remotes.

Does anyone have any ideas I could try?