[mythtv-users] Determining the correct "HorizSync" value for xorg.conf?

Denis Papathanasiou denis.papathanasiou at gmail.com
Fri May 11 00:17:39 UTC 2007

As a follow-up to this thread:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-May/179627.html I now
have the xorg.conf file setup correctly: ServerLayout is defined, as
well as Screen and Monitor.

When I look in /var/log/X.0.log I can confirm that it's using the
correct (the one I specified in xorg.conf) setting.

But the screen remains scrambled when the X server starts.

Towards the end of X.0.log I see tons of messages ending in "(hsync
out of range)".

Unfortunately, I don't know what to use for "HorizSync".

My tv is a Sharp 27F631 (crt, not lcd) and the horizontal sync rate is
not specified in the manual, nor can I find it mentioned anywhere
online.

I've been trying values at random (I started with 30.0-40.0), but none work.

Does anyone know how to determine the correct value, or, better, if
you've used that model, know definitively what the right value is?