[mythtv-users] I may have SOLVED the 5C cable encryption - DOH!

Asher freedenizen at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:05:44 UTC 2007

On 5/10/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> TTBOMK, the broadcast flag
> regulations have not yet been adopted into our current laws. Did it make
> it "partially" in (i.e. provisions for broadcast flag, but no
> requirement for hardware support for the flag?) or is the source you've
> quoted showing a proposed regulation?
>
> Mike

The broadcast flag is active, that is 5C.  What the courts struck down
was the requirement that all hardware being sold honor the flag.
Atleast that is what I understand.  This whole thread is kinda off the
original topic.  I will talk with Derek and James again, they are both
very interested in getting in contact with as many people as possible
who are having issues with this.  I don't want to post any email
addresses to the list without talking to them first.