[mythtv-users] MYSQL not starting...

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:41:21 UTC 2007

On 10/05/07, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well.. I guess it's going to get another re-install. I've already
> burned way to much time trying to figure this out when I could have
> re-installed in less than an hour...

I'm wondering if the init script is bad/corrupted causing the ^G output?

A proper reinstall needs to remove all of the old files, and then
recreate the new files. If you cannot get mysql started you should be
able to backup the old mythconverg directory and then reinstate it
once mysql is successfully up and running again.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/