[mythtv-users] USA to Europe

Larry W larry104 at pacbell.net
Thu May 10 18:18:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

I was asking the same question a while ago in this thread
Anyway, what I ended up doing was writing a script which will be triggered as a user job. It rsync's via ssh the recording immediately after it is recorded. A cron cleanup script will delete (from the db and as a file) all recordings after a week on the remote site. So, this way I get all my German shows here in the US with a delay of ~4h for a 2GB file. I did not go so far to add the shows here on the local site automatically to  the mythtv recordings instead I watch them as 'video'.

If there is interest I can port the rsync and cleanup scripts. Let me know.