[mythtv-users] USA to Europe

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu May 10 14:01:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 14:59 +0100, Steve Daniels wrote:

> I must be missing something, isn't this just how it would work if you'd
> set the one in the US to be a slave of the EU one, and then just rsync
> the files across?

Kinda.  But a) you wouldn't need to pick and choose files to rsync
outside of myth -- it would do it for you, and b) it adds the ability
for two backends to co-operate, exchanging programs in order to resolve
conflicts.  So in essence each backend is a master for itself and a
slave to the other when it needs to be.

b.

Brian J. Murrell