[mythtv-users] MythTV + ubuntu 7.04 + PVR150 + MCE remote.... questions

wilky c.wilky at gmail.com
Thu May 10 01:08:06 UTC 2007

this is going to take some splainin..

OK i have mythtv installed on Ubuntu no problemo. I have 2 problems however.
one resent one persistent.

1:Recent. i have lost the ability to watch live tv via the "Watch TV"
symptoms: i press watch tv the screen turns black which is normal. but then
instead of switching to tv it returns to the menu. after i do this a second
time i will receive the error that i am already watching live tv and to
cancel it from the recordings menu.. Needless to say there is nothing in
there. I am only able to watch already recorded shows..

2:persistent. I have DirecTV with a d10-300 that the low speed data port is
disabled on.. I created a .conf file for the Remote needed to change the
channels on the dtv box. "dtvr16" using the irrecord tool. it seems to
create the file ok. however when i use it it is not working.. i do have it
set correctly as i put the ir blaster in front of the receiver and had irw
as well as irsend send the signal using the correct remote in the
lirc.conffile and it shows up in the irw as the correct button and
remote.
Now here is the tricky part. i found entirely on accident that if i run
"irsend start_send dtv 1" then semi cover the ir blaster with my hand it
seems to receive some of the signals and will even change the channel at
times. I am a hoping someone out there will have a .conf file i can refer
too or just plain use.
thanks in advance and sorry for the length of this post.

Chris.

--
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)