[mythtv-users] MYSQL not starting...

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:26:43 UTC 2007

I also think it's a permissions issue and will check when I get back
to house this evening a bit more thoroughly, I believe it was set to
root with rw... I think it was set for owner - root rw group - root r.

Any thoughts as to if the error with $HOME/.dmrc might have something
to do with it? Can anyone tell me what the heck .dmrc is for?

The /var/log/mysql directory does exist and the log file also exists.
Could this message also mean that it can't write to the file not that
it's not found?

May  9 06:56:09 myth mysqld[11115]: ^G/usr/sbin/mysqld: File
'/var/log/mysql/mysql.log' not found (Errcode: 13)

Mysql is logging using binary since I see the .bin files would it also
need to log with mysql.log? I didn't modify the .cnf file so I'm
curious if it does both by default.

Thanks,