[mythtv-users] Recordings encoded with single channel audio?

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Wed May 9 15:43:47 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007, Al McIntosh wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I upgraded to the following this recently from kernel 2.6.19:
> ivtv-kmdl-2.6.20-1.2948.fc6-0.10.1-126.fc6
> ivtv-0.10.1-126.fc6.at
>
> For audio I use SPDIF and since upgrading my recordings only have sound in
> the front left channel. There is no sound coming from center or front
> right. All shows recorded before the upgrade still play back sound from all
> front channels. This is the same for recordings within Mythtv and cat
> /dev/video0 > out.mpg.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this with there PVR250? Or am I the only one?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Al

The fact that "/dev/video0 > out.mpg" does also fail speaks against it, BUT...

If this is the same as the problem I have with my PVR150 and PVR500:

Go to "Setup/General/Audio" and select "Independent muting of left and right
audio channels".

Then go to a recording and cycle through the mute settings. If you are lucky,
there will be stereo somewhere in there.

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT