[mythtv-users] New MythDora 4.0

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Wed May 9 12:37:17 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, Scott Blachowicz <scott+mythtv at sabami.seaslug.org> wrote:

> 1) Make sure all of my myth content stuff is on my 2 big drives.
> 2) Make backup copies of /etc (and others) to my 2 big drives.
> 3) Replace my 40GB boot drive with a different drive I've got laying
> around.
> 4) Install MythDora 4.0 on that replacement boot drive.
> 5) Figure out how to get my existing myth content & db hooked into the new
>    MythDora 4.0 install. (and do it :))

Here's how to migrate the DB:
http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/tips/migrate-recordings.html

Although not related to this question, I'll have a video of the install
process out next week on mythpvr.com.  It's mostly done, but I need to redo
the captures since the some of the screens were significantly upgraded from
the early beta version I used.

I'm very impressed with the improvements in the install process since 3.X.

-Pete
http://www.mythpvr.com