[mythtv-users] Problems with multiple pvr cards

Brian L. Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Wed May 9 00:31:28 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I've got 1 pvr-500 and one pvr-150, running ivtv 0.10.1 with myth
0.20-fixes as of 5/6.

I have run a couple 30 minute cat /dev/videoN against all 3 devices
simultaneously, with no problem.

However, when Myth goes to record on all 3, I start getting ENC DMA
Errors, anywhere from  immediately to 20-30 minutes.

I've read that there is an interrupt issue with the 0.10.1, and was
wondering if this is a result of that issue.

This problem does not occur when only 2 of the three inputs are in use,
only with all three.  The only way to clear it up is to reboot, because
this situation will eventually lead to dma timeouts, and driver not
responding....then...system crash.

I just want to make sure I'm not chasing my tail when this is all
related to the interrupt issue, if there *is* currently an issue...

TIA
Brian