[mythtv-users] Stabalizing Firewire?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Tue May 8 18:06:32 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 5/8/07, David Frascone <dave at frascone.com> wrote:
>
>> Steven Adeff wrote:

>>> are you running SVN?
>>>

>> Yes.
>>
>> Yesterday, it wouldn't let me tune to any channel on firewire.  When I
>> ran plugreport, I got only errors .. . . the firewire connection had
>> "disappeared".  When I rebooted the box (the myth backend, not the STB),
>> everything started working fine.
>>

> sounds more like a driver/hardware issue than a myth issue. might want
> to check your kernel and system logs.

Something really screwy is going on -- I can't seem to schedule any
recordings on my firewire tuner.  I have logs at
http://frascone.com/log.txt.gz  (-v most).  Does anyone see anything
wrong in the logs?  (I'm trying to schedule recordings on mythweb.  All
other tuners seem to record fine.  But the firewire one (STB) is somehow
broked.

-Dave

--

David Frascone

                  Pardon me, waiter. I like my water diluted.