[mythtv-users] mythbackend exits with "HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder 1"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 8 12:48:23 UTC 2007

On 05/08/2007 01:55 AM, Mitko Haralanov wrote:
> My mythbackend keeps "exiting" with the above error!!
>
> I have found several references to this error string, one of which is a
> bug that was close with 0.21. I also found, at least, one person
> asking this question on the mailing list but there was no reply.
>
> Since 0.21 is not released yet, is there anything that I can do to stop
> that from happening?
>
> My system has 3 PVR-250s and 1 pcHDTV3000 which is not being used due
> to another problem that I am trying to fix
> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/268077).

You need to use mythtv-setup's "Delete all capture cards" (and not
"Delete all capture cards on <hostname>") button to delete all your
capture cards.  Basically, follow the instructions at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 ,
including the part about "Delete all capture cards").

Mike