[mythtv-users] Tuning Timeout on DVB-S

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:37:30 UTC 2007

On 5/7/07, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to increase the tuning timeout for a DVB-S source,
> either globaly or ideally for a single channel? there seem to be
> settings in the database that are not exposed in the setup program or
> channel editor, so I wonder if it can be done.

You should see options in mythtv-setup under capture cards  - both
tuning timeout and signal timeout and under recording options there is
a tuning delay parameter.

> I always get a video error when I try to tune BBC HD, but if I try it
> a second time it usually works.

I see this on both dvb-s and dvb-t. I've never taken the time to look
into it - because it only happens with live tv and not recordings -
but I've always suspected that it was video player related rather than
tuning (transition from mpeg2 to h264). I'd be interested to hear if
adjusting the tuning parameters helps.

Regards

Mark