[mythtv-users] different key bindings between LiveTV and WatchRecording

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:22:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

Setup: Dual Core Intel 1.66Mhz Mac Mini, Ubuntu 7.04 (no OSX), Both
Myth front & backend installed.

I'm trying to make a usable setup that is controlled via the 6 button
Apple remote.  You may consider this madness, but indulge me the whim
for 2 seconds.

I have mapped left/right to Channel Up/Down.  (Arrow key) Up/Down are
mapped to Volume Up/Down.

This works a charm when watching Live TV.  I can get to the EPG, I can
shift up/down the channals and adjust the volume.  I can pause and
fwd/rewind "live tv".

I can manage recordings, and I can watch recordings.  And I can
control it all via the 6 button Apple remote.  Performance is a little
more slugging than a traditional Set-top box, but very very usable.

Fwiw, I am writing this up and will be publishing it in due course so
others can follow along.

But I have one remaining niggle.

I have left/right mapped to Channel up/down in "Live TV" (as mentioned
above), but the key bindings appear to treat "Live TV" and "Watch
Recording" as identical.  Channel up/down make no sense in "Watch
Recording", but I cannot figure out a way to map them to something
different for "Watch Recording".

I'll grant you that this problem goes away if I have more buttons on a remote.

However, before I entirely give up I just wanted to double check that
there is really no way to have a key bound to one action in "Live TV"
and a different action in "Watch Recording"?

Thanks!  Great work