[mythtv-users] Box rebuild issues

Nathan A. Smith nasa01 at comcast.net
Mon May 7 01:17:57 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 18:46 +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 06/05/07, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 05:37 +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
>
> > > Did you also 'Delete All' video sources to remove all old channels and
> > > listings data? This could well be where the problem is coming from -
> > > the listings are there to browse but the scheduler is incapable of
> > > assigning recordings to card inputs.
> > >
> > > Nick
> >
> > Yes,
> >
> > I sure did.
>
> Please check the following and output the results from each of these queries:
>
> # mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
>
> mysql> select count(*) from capturecard;
> mysql> select count(*) from cardinput;
> mysql> select count(*) from videosource;
> mysql> select count(*) from channel;
> mysql> select count(*) from program;
>
> mysql> quit;

> Nick

Thanks again Nick,

However, I finally just said @#$! the database and totally wiped it out.
Rebuilt everything from the ground up -- and it all seems to be working
now.  I still have the original database, so I might look at it closer
in the future.  But for now, blowing away the old database only cost me
a record of what shows I had watched (which, was quite a few I guess).

Thanks again,

Nasa