[mythtv-users] No sound watching TV

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Mon May 7 00:44:11 UTC 2007

On 5/6/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/05/07, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/6/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > What audio device have you specified in mythtvsetup for your
> > > framegrabber capture card?
> >

> > The audio device is the default: /dev/dsp
>
> Do you have ALSA's OSS emulation modules loaded for your sound card,

Yes.

and have Line-In set for capture (at a suitable level) and muted?

The only thing I can set is the input source to line. But the sound does not
go
to the pcm channel because alsa driver is not doing that for my card yet.
I have to use the workaround via arecord + aplay.

amixer -c 0 sset 'Input Source' 'Line'
amixer -c 0 cset iface=MIXER,name='ADCMux Capture Switch' 'On'
amixer -c 0 cset iface=MIXER,name='InMux Capture Volume' 0
amixer -c 0 cset iface=MIXER,name='InVol Capture Volume' 0

You
> do not want to hear the 'live' audio from the capture card when
> watching LiveTV, but the captured and encoded audio recorded by MythTV
> which is then played from MythTV via your PCM output. You should not
> hear any audio directly from Line-In.

I understand that. There would be a delay. On another computer I have to set
the line in channel
to zero for not hearing both: live plus recorded sound

But with this onboard sound card I have none of them.
The card is not bad, just alsa is not read for it yet.

How can I do myth get the sound from arecord?
arecord or sox seems to be the only way of getting anything from line in.

Is it possible?

/Paulo Roma