[mythtv-users] dvb-t picture problems - ideas?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 6 17:35:54 UTC 2007

On 06/05/07, Gary Dawes <gary.dawes at gmail.com> wrote:

> The first  problem is that I get picture corruption on the freeview signal
> on the dvb-t tuners, it is really noticable on motion in the picture. I get

Do you have deinterlacing enabled in your mythfrontend settings? We
need to make sure you are not seeing interlacing artefacts (playback
related) and are really seeing signal problems.

> The second is with the pvr-150 which is hooked up to a cable box via
> comp-video. the cable box is set to 16:9, the recording profile for the card
> is set to 16:9. When I test the output from the box on the tv, it displays
> 16:9, but  when I play any recordings or use live tv on that card it is 4:3
> with black bars when I have no aspect ratio forced, freeview recordings are
> 16:9. It is fine when I force the aspect, but I'd rather not do that as it
> messes up the dvd playback. Any ideas?

Make sure you have a widescreen DisplaySize in your xorg
configuration. Is your cable box always outputting a widescreen signal
with widescreen content? The BBC are notorious for outputting 4:3
content on a 16:9 signal, so you will always see black bars if they
are showing non-WS source material.

If you have mplayer/ProjectX installed, you could make a test
recording from the cable box (setting the aspect using
ivtvctl/v4l2ctl) and make sure the widescreen 16:9 flag is being set
correctly in the MPEG-2 video stream from your PVR-150.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/