[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat May 5 23:46:34 UTC 2007

On 05/05/07, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Mythgang,
>

> I recently had to rebuild my mythbox.  I backed up all my data including
> the database by following the steps presented here:
>
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Backup_your_database
>

> Rebuilt the box, installed all applicable software and recompiled myth
> from svn.  Imported the database and went through the steps to
> reconfigure myth.
>
> At this point, most everything is back to normal with exception of a
> couple of items:
>
> 1. (and most important) I can no longer schedule shows to record.  I
> have attempted it both in mythweb and the schedule options under
> mythfrontend.  I follow the steps to schedule a show and everything is
> accepted as usual -- to include it showing up in "recording schedule"
> under mythtv.  However, no showings are present in "upcoming recording".
> And yes, this does include shows that were only an hour a way....  This
> is true in both mythfrontend and mythweb.  And of course, no shows are
> recorded.

Michael Dean replied to an almost identical query a few days ago, so
check the archives. You probably want to delete all you capture cards
and video sources to remove any stale/broken settings.

> 2. Under mythweb, "recorded shows" -- none of the preview images are
> present any more.  Where have they gone?

Check the permissions on your recordings folder where the thumbnails
are created and also the mythtweb files in your webserver root, and
your httpd error logs to ensure mythweb is correctly installed.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/