[mythtv-users] Using same database with trunk and release

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat May 5 02:13:51 UTC 2007

On 5/4/07, John Overchuk <overchuk at hotmail.com> wrote:
> If I have a database that was created and used with the latest trunk builds,
> any thoughts on how well it would work if I tried to use the release version
> of myth with it?

Depends.  I "accidently" did that a while back while testing out the
-vid branch (without realizing it was going to change my db) and
haven't had many issues since, and shortly after I tested the -vid
branch I reverted back to .20-fixes and have been running it for quite
some time.  I do have a few hiccups occasionally and I do blame my
lack of backup-prior-to-db-change for the hiccups, but it wasn't like
I had to wipe the slate clean and start over.

The other side of the that depends is that it was quite a while ago
and .20-fixes and -vid weren't that different of db schemas (it was
shortly after the .20 release) while today an SVN schema and a
.20-fixes schema may be entirely incompatible.

-Chad