[mythtv-users] Video insertion question

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat May 5 02:11:27 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On May 4, 2007, at 12:58 PM, Rich West wrote:
>

>> Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>>> You might be better off organizing your videos into folders. TV
>>> Show>Episode or even TV Show>Season>Episode. Then you can enable
>>> directory browsing in MythVideo and your top level will be much
>>> easier to navigate.
>>>
>> Actually, I left off the part that I do that already. :)  We've got
>> the
>> Video area pretty well broken up in to genres (with one large group
>> for
>> "Kids").
>>
>> When I referred to the "Video Manager", I mean the one under
>> "Utilities/Setup" -> "Video Manager", which brings up a list of the
>> videos on the system, allowing you to change the metadata, icons, etc.
>>
>> -Rich
>>

> Oh, gotcha. I don't know if I would consider a long list of video
> titles a "total disaster" worth spending much time organizing into
> some tree-style structure or anything. Clearly none of the developers
> have an issue with it either or there would already be a way to more
> easily navigate the screen. :)

Well, maybe "total disaster" was a little over the top.. :)  I was just
wondering what other ways there were to manage a large number of
episodes rather than from the MythVideo Setup "Video Manager"
interface..  For example, I now have a bunch of  "101 <episode name>"
entries in the list when I bring up the "Video Manager"  (from
Utilities/Setup).  But, I guess,  I would have the same situation if I
had all of my DVD's loaded in to the system..

-Rich