[mythtv-users] Video insertion question

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Fri May 4 19:58:09 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On May 4, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Rich West wrote:
>

>> I have a simple question (I think), and I don't know if there is a
>> "proper" method here...
>>
>> I've inserted a bunch of shows from some season-dvd's we have,
>> breaking
>> them up in to their individual (in order) episodes.  Right now, I've
>> been putting them within MythVideo, but it really makes the "Video
>> Manager" look like a total disaster, not to mention that it takes
>> quite
>> a long time to browse through the "Video Manager" to get to a show and
>> add an image (or something).
>>

> You might be better off organizing your videos into folders. TV
> Show>Episode or even TV Show>Season>Episode. Then you can enable
> directory browsing in MythVideo and your top level will be much
> easier to navigate.

Actually, I left off the part that I do that already. :)  We've got the
Video area pretty well broken up in to genres (with one large group for
"Kids").

When I referred to the "Video Manager", I mean the one under
"Utilities/Setup" -> "Video Manager", which brings up a list of the
videos on the system, allowing you to change the metadata, icons, etc.

-Rich