[mythtv-users] using exectv and vlc to replace the internal player

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Fri May 4 14:56:57 UTC 2007

On 5/4/07, wad <wadcyr8_197 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to use exectv to replace the  action
> "TV_WATCH_LIVE" by vlc and watching liveTV with it instead of using the
> internal player ?
>

> For the moment I know how to lauch vlc  with exectv in the mainmenu.xml
> file but I can't find the parameters to read the tv stream sent by the
> backend.

The backend isn't sending any stream out, it is only marking the tuner
as "in use" and then replaces the three "%s" variables in your EXECTV
command with the three items pulled from the database (here is the
relevant code):

query.prepare("SELECT videodevice, audiodevice, "
                          "vbidevice "
                          "FROM capturecard "
                          "WHERE cardid = :CARDID ;");

So your command needs to know what to do with these pieces of
information, which of course may vary wildly from tuner to tuner.

Robin