[mythtv-users] nice working transcode scripts for upsampled SD over HD?

Benton Roberts benton at panix.com
Fri May 4 13:46:01 UTC 2007

Hey, Brad.

I do not have a working HD post-recording script, but I feel your pain
when you talk about the time it takes to tweak the settings and write a
custom script to do each job. As easy as the "User Job" facility makes
it, I found that all my export scripts shared about 80% of their code:
read program metadata from command-line and/or database, cut ads,
process the result in a series of shell commands, check the result of
each command, delete temporary interim files, etc.

So I made a sort of generic framework that makes that painful process of
 tweaking the settings and repeating the job as much quicker and easier.
Hopefully, someone will reply to your request with a script that does
exactly what you want, but if you end up having to "roll your own", this
may save you a lot of time. I posted to this list about it yesterday:

-benton